Official Tournament Rules/Info
The Blue Line Walleye Tournament will be held on Saturday, September 28th, 2019 from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM. This Tournament has been authorized and permitted by the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. All participants must comply with all terms and conditions of the permit. A copy of the permit is available upon request. All participants must comply with all Minnesota boating and fishing laws and regulations, as well as the following tournament rules:
- The Blue Line Walleye Tournament is restricted to Lake Bemidji and Lake Irving. There will be a small off-limits areas near the Ruttgers swim area (see arial map at the bottom of this page). Tournament weigh-in will be located at Ruttgers Birchmont Lodge on the north end of the lake.
- Winners will be determined by total weight of up to five walleyes, all being over 14” but a maximum of two surpassing 20”. The team with the heaviest final weight will be deemed the winners. Places 1st through 10th will receive a check.
- A team must have two people and must fish from the same boat. Entry fee per team is $400 *processing fees will apply*. One team member must sign an official online entry form and waiver in order to participate in the tournament. The one team member’s signature makes both members of the team legally bound to the terms on the waiver. Please visit www.destinationsportinggoods.com or swing into Destination Sporting Goods to complete said form.
- Rules and Registration meeting is 5:00 PM sharp, September 27th, 2019 at the Ruttger’s Birchmont Lodge Bemidji, MN, in the main dining hall.
- One team member of each team must attend the rules meeting and be in attendance by the start of the meeting or they may have their entry filled by an alternate team; both members are encouraged to come. Registration will start at 4:00 PM on the 27th.
- Fishing hours will be flighted by a random drawing at the rules meeting.
- Teams 1-75 will depart in numerical order starting at 7:00 AM on September 28th, 2019. Teams 1-25 will return by 3:00 PM. Teams 26-50 will return by 3:15 PM and teams 51-75 will return by 3:30 PM.
- All boats must be checked in and tagged by a tournament official at Ruttgers before 6:45. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- Life jackets must be worn at all time when the boat is in gear surpassing idle speed.
- All boats must depart from the dock at Ruttgers at designated flight time in numerical order. Boats will take off one by one and will receive the “go ahead” from the start dock after displaying your boat number.
- The longest straight-line measurement, using closed mouth and pinched tail, will be used to determine length during the weigh in process. If more than two exceed 20” or one doesn’t meet the 14” minimum, said team will be disqualified.
- No pre-fishing after 3:00 PM on Friday September 27th, 2019 is allowed and no fishing may start until after 7:00 AM on September 28th, 2019.
- No alcoholic beverages may be consumed during tournament hours unless the team has checked in and fish are secured by the Tournament. No alcohol is allowed on the bump tank line or on stage.
- No marine radio, cell phones, or other electronic communication is allowed during tournament hours except for emergency. Please call the tournament director (Erik Jacobson) at 218-209-5232
- At no time during tournament hours is a contestant to leave their boat unless you return to tournament headquarters and permission is granted by a tournament official. Use safe judgment during inclement weather. If there is a need to clear the lake, the fishing tournament will resume when the tournament director deems the lake safe. Emergency notification for tournament closures and restarting will be by text message. All fish will be weighed.
- When returning at your scheduled time, each boat must pass in front of the start/finish official at the start dock and display your boat number to the start/finish boat to signify you are in. Check-in is mandatory, fish or no fish!
- If you are up to 15 minutes late, you will be penalized 50% of your weight. After 15 minutes, your fish will not be weighed.
- Only fish brought to the official tournament scale in an official weigh bag will be weighed. Fish left in boat cannot be retrieved. Fish may not be on a stringer.
- All contestants competing in this event are expected to act in a sportsman like manner at all times toward non-competitors and competitors alike. Violators of this rule will be disqualified.
- Promoters, tournament directors, organizations, and sponsors are not responsible for death, injury, damage, liability, theft, fire, or loss of any kind to entrants.
- The Blue Line Walleye Tournament reserves the right to refuse entry to any individuals who have been barred or disqualified from any tournament for rules violations.
- Failure to return assigned boat number card may result in disqualification from the Blue Line Walleye Tournament.
- In the event of a tie, the tie breaker will be the weight of the teams big fish. Everyone will have the opportunity to weigh a big fish while on stage. It is the teams choice to opt out of weighing a big fish.
- In the event of a mechanical breakdown, the team must contact Tournament Director to inform them of the situation.
After the weigh in has concluded, there will be an awards ceremony taking place, weather permitting, outside at Ruttgers. Food and beverages will be available. A check will also be issued to the FOP following the announcement of the champions.
All donations and funds raised will be going to the Fraternity of Police for the Bemidji Area. There will be Blue Line Walleye Tournament apparel and accessories available for purchase at Destination Sporting Goods and at Ruttgers Birchmont Beach Lodge.
Check In: 6:00 AM - 6:40 AM
National Anthem: 6:50 AM
Take Off: 7:00 AM
Weigh In: 3:00 PM
Awards Ceremony: 5:00 PM
Donation Announced: 5:30 PM
Live Band: 7:00 PM